I love homemade dips especially when you use fresh ingredients. I made guacamole for Super Bowl. I have not made this recipe for years and hope I still remember how to make it. I don’t know where I got this recipe and I hope you will like it as much as I do.
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 lime)
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. Immediately add the lime juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, salt, and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl, until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.
If you want to replace pepper sauce for jalapeno pepper, add 1 finely chopped to the recipe. Simple to make and the contrast of the red and green colors of Mexican flag looks good. The layers of flavor and texture from smooth silky avocado, crunchy red onions, fiery jalapeno and essence of lime and cilantro. I wish I added more fresh cilantro, it’s still delicious and glad that I was able to recreate the recipe I had many years ago!
Ciao for now!!!