Arugula, Watermelon and Feta Salad
When I saw Ina prepare this salad I knew immediately that it’s going to be good. It was so different and refreshing that I could have eaten the entire bowl.
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, wash and spun dry
- 1/8the seedless watermelon, rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces good feta cheese, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion.
Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
My guest just loved this salad. What a great combination. Watermelon, arugula, feta, mint, lemon juice, orange juice, and shallots compliment this wonderful salad. Really a good summer salad. The mint and watermelon did the trick. The feta was a good contrast to the fruit and the hint of mint in every bite was heavenly. Again Ina thank you!!!
Ciao for now!!!